Sunday, January 6, 2013

Priestess Post 101 : Thou Shalt Bling Your Beanies

Hello internet. This is my first ever blog post so please bear with me. My name is Erica and I am a crafty Bitch on a serious budget. I mean a " How dare this Dollar store clear tape cost 1.05$ !" kind of budget. I also am a fashion addict. But at a certain point in life, paying for hot water some how becomes more important than a new dress. Fortunately, I think 90% of young women out there are in the same boat as me, thus leading me to this blog. I love love love DIY blogs, and they are where I draw most of my inspiration from. Hopefully as this blog develops, this Glue Gun Priestess can teach you the ways. the quick, easy cheap ways to look  Supa Dupa Fly. SO , with that being said, let us move on to our first teaching:

 The Blinged Out Beanie
This look was inspired by a post on one of my favorite DIY sites, P.S I Made This . This is her finished product.

 This is my finished product.


Here is how I did it:

What You Will Need : 
 one gray beanie. mine was $2.00 at Wal Mart. 
 A collection of pretty beads. I bought two chains at AC Moore for $4.99 a piece. This is where the term ' serious budget' kicks in. I found the exact beads used in my inspiration  photo at the craft store, but they were $8.99 for two beads! No thanks.  This leads to our first commandment of the Glue Gun Bible. 

The First Commandment : When in Doubt, Improvise! If you spend a little time looking you can almost always find a cheaper product that works just as well! 

You will also need a needle and thread. And some Patience. I find hand sewing very tedious  but sometimes it's necessary  if you do not have a needle and thread, a Glue Gun will work just as well. 

Making the Beanie : I sat my butt down on the couch with a good lifetime movie ( Sexting in Suburbia) and my materials. I took my beads and did some trial and error designs of how to lay them out, then proceeded the stitch them on. Stitch them close together because the knit beanie will expand when on your head. It will expand a lot if you have a giant dome like me. After all that, TADA! 
I might go back later and add more beads because as i mentioned earlier i have a huge head. but overall i love the end result. 
Total Cost : $12.00
Total Time : roughly 1 hour ( snack and pee breaks included)

I hope You Enjoyed my First Post!  Craft on my Friends. In the name of the Glue Gun, the glitter and the crafty spirit. Amen. 




1 comment:

  1. Love the post i look forward to the second commandment. We should def craft sometime.

    ReplyDelete